Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy applies to this site operated by Linda Lysakowski Courses™ and governs data collection and usage. By using this site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Who We Are
- This site, https://lindalysakowskicourses.com, is owned and maintained by Linda Lysakowski Courses. You may contact us via our online contact form or via telephone at +1 (702) 580-1448.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
- We may collect personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address, or telephone number.
- If you purchase products and/or services, we collect and store billing information such as your billing address and phone number. For your protection, we do not store credit card numbers. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Pages you’ve viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, email, phone number, credit card/payment details, and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account
- Comply with any legal obligations we have
- Improve our offerings
- Send you occasional marketing messages by email. If you no longer wish to receive these messages, we provide you a link in the message to instantaneously unsubscribe from further such messages.
- If you create an account, we will store your name, email address, and phone number, which will be used to populate the form for asking questions and/or leaving comments.
- We generally store information about you for at least as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. Please note that we will store order information indefinitely for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing information.
- Information about your computer hardware and software also may be automatically collected by us. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times,
- If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and site in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Use of Your Personal Information
- We collect and use your personal information to operate this site and deliver the services you have requested.
- We may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Linda Lysakowski Courses and its affiliates. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties. We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party without your explicit consent. In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. We may share your information with third parties who perform tasks required to complete a purchase transaction. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to this site, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- If you ask a question or leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that make purchases on this site, we store and retain personal information indefinitely though, as noted above, for your protection we do not store credit card numbers.
- We keep track of the pages our users visit within this site in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- We will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Linda Lysakowski Courses; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of this site, or the public.
Security of your Personal Information
- Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, administrators can access:
- Order information such as what was purchased, when it was purchased, and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information such as your name, email address, and billing information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds, and support you.
- You are responsible for safeguarding and preventing unauthorized access to the user information and password that you use to access this site. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party, and you are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
- We secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We secure personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
What Rights You Have over Your Data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left questions or comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
- As mentioned above, we employ the services of ActiveCampagn. In terms of hosting data in EU servers and/or data transfers from the EU to the United States under GDPR, we rely on ActiveCampaign's EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD certification in order to transfer any lawfully obtained personal data to ActiveCampaign. You can find more details on ActiveCampaign's Privacy Shield Certification. In addition, we have entered into an ActiveCampaign Data Processing Addendum in a good-faith effort to comply with the DGPR.
- To optimize site performance, we utilize the services of Cloudflare. Your data may be securely transmitted to Cloudflare which is contractually obligated to protect your data per the terms of a separately signed Data Privacy Addendum.
- We may process online payments for products and services through Stripe. Stripe is contractually obligated to maintain strict privacy of customer data, including compliance with GDPR. The following information may be shared with Stripe: name; email; address; phone; city/state/zip or, if outside the United States, city/province (or equivalent)/postal code; unique payment identifier; and payment provider identifier. We may also process online payments through PayPal. PayPal maintains strict data privacy policies. The following information may be shared with PayPal: name; email; address; phone; city/state/zip or, if outside the United States, city/province (or equivalent)/postal code; unique payment identifier; and payment provider identifier. Information provided to Stripe or PayPal, as the case may be, includes information required to process or support the payment, such as the product or service purchase, date and time of the purchase, purchase total, and billing information.
- We may offer discounts and/or gift certificates. We store any coupon code generated for you, any coupon code passed via URL, and any coupon amount, email, and message entered for a gift-card receiver. We store this data so that we can process it for you whenever required.
Data Breach Policies
- As noted above, for your protection we do not store credit card numbers. If a breach of our site occurs, customer credit card numbers are simply not available to a data thief.
- As also noted above, we do store other, less sensitive, user information. If we become aware of a breach, we will notify by email the impacted users promptly and no later than 24 hours following our learning of the breach. We will take all necessary and proper steps reasonably available to us to secure the site from further intrusion.
Privacy Protection Concerns
Children Under Thirteen
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of eighteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this site.
Changes to this Statement
Updated June 16, 2020